The weekend coincides with second doses for those who were vaccinated at the first Super Walk In Weekend three weeks ago, and the clinics are open to anyone aged over 12.
West Moreton Health COVID-19 Response Executive Lead Matthew Tallis said the clinics were offered in partnership with the Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN.
“It’s a great opportunity for Mum, Dad and any kids aged over 12 to get vaccinated on the way home from soccer practice, ballet class or shopping,” Mr Tallis said.
“Getting vaccinated does not take long, so it won’t put a dint in your day.”
In 3 weeks’ time, the clinics will return to the high schools so local residents can get their second doses.
Where you can walk in for your vaccination this weekend (please present at least one hour before the clinic closes):
- Bremer State High School, 133-153 Warwick Rd, Ipswich. 9am-5pm Saturday and Sunday.
- Ipswich CBD Community Vaccination Clinic, Nicholas St Precinct, 8am-4pm, 7 days a week, and until 7pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Ipswich Foodbarn, 1 Darling St, Woodend, 8am-4pm Saturday.
- Lockyer Valley
- Laidley State High School
- 98 Alfred St, Laidley (enter via Edward St carpark)
- Saturday and Sunday 8.30am- 3.30pm
- Redbank Plains
- Staines Memorial College
- 227-243 School Rd, Redbank Plains
- Saturday and Sunday 8.30am-3.30pm
People should bring their Medicare card and photo ID such as a driver’s licence with them on the day, along with a list of any medications they are currently taking.
It’s going to be a warm weekend, so families are encouraged to dress for the weather and bring water and snacks for the children.
The PHN is also running pop-up clinics in coming weeks at Ipswich Foodbarn, Goodna, Lowood, Kalbar, Gatton, Laidley and Boonah. See here for more details.