The Hospital Visitor Entry Direction (No.2) was revoked by the Chief Health Officer on 30 May 2022 to remove restrictions to unvaccinated visitors. The following visitor guidelines are in place at West Moreton Health facilities for all visitors, regardless of vaccination status.
The Requirements for International Arrivals Direction was revoked by the Chief Health Officer on 30 June 2022 to remove restrictions to people entering Queensland from overseas.
Everyone can access healthcare at our hospitals, regardless of their vaccination status.
- Two visitors per patient are allowed in most cases, with some exceptions in the most high-risk areas, including dedicated COVID treatment areas wards, Fever Clinic and Ipswich Hospital Emergency Department.
To maintain a COVID-safe environment, there may at times be a requirement to limit visitors to one person per patient. Staff will advise as needed.
COVID designated zones, beds or wards
- No visitors except at the discretion of a senior clinician.
Ipswich Hospital Emergency Department
- Waiting room: No visitors except if accompanying a minor or person with special needs, due to physical distancing requirements.
- Treatment areas: 1 visitor
You must NOT visit if you:
have had COVID-19 in the last 14 days*
have COVID-19 symptoms
have been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting a result
are a close contact unless granted an exemption in exceptional or compassionate circumstances (e.g. an end of life visit or as a support person in a birthing suite)*
* NOTE: Please phone 3810 1111 to be directed to the relevant ward to arrange entry via exception prior to your planned visit. A close contact, overseas traveller or COVID-19 positive person attending as a support person to a birthing woman or on compassionate grounds (e.g. end of life visit) is required to follow risk mitigation strategies put in place by the hospital.
Visiting hours are 10am-1pm and 4-8pm.
In most cases, patients can have up to 2 visitors during visiting hours for any length of time, except in high-risk areas.
The East Street and Chelmsford Avenue entrances at Ipswich Hospital are open from 6 am to 8 pm, Monday to Friday.
We strongly advise that you contact the hospital ward before leaving home as hours may vary.
Staff, patients and visitors entering any West Moreton Health facility must wear a mask. Children under 12 and people with particular medical conditions or a disability are not required to wear a mask if they are unable to.
Check In Qld app
Visitors are no longer required to sign in using the Check in Qld app.