Our mission is to provide care to meet the spiritual and emotional needs of patients, relatives and staff in order to enhance the quality of life.
The chaplains offer the following services (according to individual needs as requested):
- a friendly visit
- a listening ear
- spiritual and emotional care
- support in crisis
- sharing with patients in the joy of new life and of healing
- the Sacraments (e.g. The Anointing of the Sick, Holy Communion and Baptism)
- help in grief and loss
- cooperation with and support for the hospital staff
- special services
- ceremony of blessing and farewells
- memorial services for early pregnancy loss
- memorial services for palliative care families.
If you would like any emotional or spiritual support during your stay at Ipswich Hospital, there is a chaplaincy service. Please advise staff if you wish to see the chaplain - chaplains of different faiths are available. The service is available 9 am to 1 pm, Monday to Friday - and via an on-call chaplain during other times. They can be contact on (07) 3810 1450.
A worship centre which can be used by people of all faiths is located on level 7, Tower Block of Ipswich Hospital and is open all hours.
- Early pregnancy loss
last Wednesday of each month (except December)
- Palliative care families
twice a year (May and November)